Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Thursday 19 December 2013

A sword fight in camp


Why would you force me into a sword fight  
To pick a sword and fight and fight 

After a long day on the battle ground 
At the camp where I come to rest my muscle  

Have you not had much to do today 
Bored to the bone and needing a fix 

So on my rest you decide to show up 
And play playful dog fight, yet wanting to bite 

I beg of you, I plead with thee, to leave me in peace 
The battle ground was unforgiven today 

I lost a limb and had to hop and limp 
Back to camp, bleeding from my cuts  

The surgeon was also busy when I got back 
No pain relieving medicine to numb my wounds 

I beg of you, I plead with thee, to leave me in peace 
Why would you force me into a sword fight 

After I have taken off my armoury for the day 
It takes so long to dress up for battle grounds 

Come back tomorrow, if you would please 
At the front line of battle grounds right and ready 

There I would be primed, set and waiting 
With full armoury for a sword fight 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...