Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Sunday 29 September 2013

Faustina Addae, a missing name


How do any of us ever make it to see tomorrow 
When the rose cottage seems so close by 
Why do I hear funeral bells, they ring loud in my ears 
In my backyard, with familiar names 

Like a roll call of the living and each time  
A name goes missing on the list inscribed  
I just found a hole in my back yard again 
Stepped close and looked inside shadow-less grave 

It laid empty, empty but prepared for burial 
Tomorrow I know it would be covered 
And another name would go missing 
From the list of the living 

The shadow-less man calls out  
The shadow-less man calls out 
The shadow-less man calls out 

A voice in a room, goes missing, vanishes 
Leaving echoes of her voice behind 
An old friend, kicked the bucket this day
It made a loud sound, and woke the neighbors 

When I got there, there was no one present 
Just the bucket and the sound it made 
How do any of us ever make it to see tomorrow 
When the rose cottage seems so close by and calling 

Why do I hear funeral bells, they ring loud in my ears 
In my backyard with familiar names calling 
A name goes missing yet again on the list of the living 
Faustina Addae would not respond to her name, calling out 

The girl with the loudest voice of joyful living 
Has gone silent in a crowded room 
She joined the names that went missing from the living 
Faustina Addae, will not respond to her call 

Now a missing name among the living  
Faustina, Foustina, Faustina Addae 
Now a missing name among the living 
Rest in peace dear friend, Faustina, rest in peace 

KSJI Auxiliary NO554 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...