Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Saturday 12 May 2012

VULINDLELA-BRENDA FASSIE; A Tribute




Whose voice was it, that awaken the inside of me, day break 
Like a spiritual calling, back to my instinct hear loud 


What words are said, to knock, knock, on my sleepy hearts 
What language like tongues, my heart shares with my head 


It sends me back to my instinct call, make peace not war 
I am basic again, I am sophisticated, I am light as a feather 


I am a reaction to a sound I heard from the south 
Africa, the corner stone, the awakening call, I am glory 


It is that sound, like the birds chatter in the morning to wake 
My mind's rest, and watch the golden glow of the morning sunrise 


The sounds of beats add ons, only serves to accentuate the magic of life 
I can not help, but nod my head, like a wall gecko 


My shoulders, and legs follow, my soul dance 
It is in a trance, I am in a trance, a happy place, a happy place 


Heard someone say, rest in peace, to send shock waves 
You never did tell me, how you got your angel wings  


But before you went, you left me with the magic 
Of sounds, of music, of life, of Africa 



10 comments:

  1. ***But before you went, you left me with the magic
    Of sounds, of music, of life, of Africa***

    b e a u t i f u l.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am basic again, I am sophisticated, I am light as a feather

    This line really stood out to me!! Really great tribute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much, especially your closing lines, the music of life, of Africa......beautiful, Kodjo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The magic of music is as good as the magic of your words

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have touched me with your words, Kodjo. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful tribute and such powerful images! Nicely done. And thank you so much for sharing her talent too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was magic to read
    Thankyoufor sharing
    ; )
    I lve your voice in this poem

    ReplyDelete
  8. make peace not war - words for us all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gud one there bruv!
    StoneTEBUOR

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...