Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Hedging my bet


I walked in rivers 
With depth above my head to drown 
I walked barefooted on hot coal on the hottest day 

I crossed the Sahara 
With no water to quench my thirst 
I climbed Everest with no oxygen mask 

I spread my wing span, and from lift off 
They were ravished with holes, the size to shock 
And threatened to hold hostage my flight 

My balance took me close to insanity 
Shifting back and forth 
From ecstasy to trepidation 

To walk I built the right muscles 
To hedge my bet on what to call 
My own to have, with value I render 

So forgive me, if I am to lose my sanity going barmy 
On account of,  your debauchery of corruption  
For I hedged my bet and walked backwards 

In rivers, barefoot on coals, with broken wings  
To put value on what I call my own 
Yes my own I toiled for this much my own 

DO NOT AWAKEN MY DARKENED SIDE,
 FRIEND, I AM ON THE EDGE!!! 
THE EDGE OF NO RETURN 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...