Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Monday 3 October 2011

Pick Me Up



Foreboding, pick me up before drowning 
I will prepare a feast 
For the devil's advocate 


Hunt deep in the dark forest 
To capture a beast to be bled , kosher 
Roast with Indian spices and be served 


Be served with beer jugs full to the brim  
I will host the storm that cometh 
And welcome him with expectation 


Lay a banquet in his honour  
Today we will dance with the spirits 
Of our ancient blood line  


And ghosts of haunt will be silence 
Fearful of the drum roll played 
In anticipation of the wild sparkles that impact 


I will not go lying down  
Not  like a possum playing dead  
My blood boils into acid  


Freshly squeezed 
Awaiting to quench the thirst 
Of  dark dragons, snatchers of dreams  


Tables are set, the feast is served, laid  
Know my blood boils, caution it's hot  
Before gauging on my endeavours   

4 comments:

  1. Hmm . . . kosher roast with Indian spices. You "do" have an imagination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passionate write, Kodjo. Very well done!

    http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/two-yearning-heart/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written and such a passion you show in your words love your image that you used
    http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/10/03/memories-and-photographs-of-you/

    ReplyDelete
  4. god healthy imagination kodjoo haha! this week's gooseberry.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/scented-promises/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...