Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Thursday 29 September 2011

Anchored In Seats




I am anchored in my seat 
Sweat runs through my glands 
For the battles, we are assigned to 


To deal with, on allocation, on life
Destiny's reflections, demands I take my share 
Of the weight and sweat it out 


The rest of the world thus the same 
And everyone comes in, to pick up tools
Wake the morning, to clock in work cards 


Lined like chickens, in farms
Industrial in categories, battery
Of predicaments faced, order pickings 
Forced on or by choices made 
Stood in subconsciousness of uniformity 
If only we shared stories to know 


Too much weight for that, time spent
Sympathy will only slow us down
Productivity on targets to be achieved 


On factory floors,  on thread-miles of life
Each to his own, departmental codes
Obstacles assigned to


I am anchored in my seat 
Like its nobody's business 
You don't have to know


You don't have to know, my child
Where I slept the night 
If  I slept the night, or sat with worry  

After I finished my shift in day light 
To be granted a rest bite
If I slept the night 


Others pick up tools, on their turn
Pick up from where they left off 
Anchored in seats 


Departmental codes 
Predicaments of obstacles assigned 
To be anchored in seats of life 


Slowly breaking chains
You don't have to know 
You don't have to know my child 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...