Editor

For any editorial feedback on this website email me on: kodjodeynoo@gmail.com

Site Statistics

1,220 Literature Posts. 5,410 plus Individual Comments..300,000 plus web site Hits..715 Individual Members. Be a part of the movement, click and join this site. I appreciate my followers and they get a pride of place on this site.

Please support and join this blog

Sunday 5 June 2011

My Cobbler's Shoe

My Cobbler sits in a shed
Not far from me, in his little shed shop 
My shoe size measured, tailored to fit 
Patiently I wait to place my foot in


This is not the high street
Where brands are made 
In mass production, made in back door 
Sweat shops in distance lands


Moral questions of who was enslaved 
To make my new foot wear 
I know my cobbler, he knows me too, 
And what fits well, to my delicate foot


He is always around to mend my old shoes 
And when I walk in my new shoes 
My conscience is clear,  my feet fits well
B'cos I know my cobbler he sits in a shed near by

9 comments:

  1. nice. have shoes tailor fit, i imagine them to be very comfortable...and knowing where your stuff comes from is important...as in buying into style no matter the condition makes us just an accesory...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know this poem took me to our local bootmaker...but he's only doing repairs. i love the scents in the small shop when i enter...good write kodjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sense of personalization; which also includes rather poignant social commentary in regard to business practices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Poets United reaches its first anniversary this coming week we want to thank you for your support. Over the past year we have grown to 250 members plus and are steadily growing. Poets United is proud to have you as one of our members and look forward to another successful year. Your imagination, creativity and willingness to share with us is what makes our community such a wonderful place. Thank you for beautiful poetry and thank you for being a part of Poets United.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, dig this poem, that's a good feeling. plus, quality shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, my conscience is clear... but you've opened my mind as to how I might put my best foot forward (hear the crowd groaning at that one.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops, I meant my conscience is "not" clear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! You've captured the essence of Peter Limmer's philosophy. Craftsmanship is of paramount importance at Limmer & Sons Custom Boots; they are sixth-generation bootmakers from Austria.

    I'm going to send this link to Peter. I know he'll enjoy it.

    Rob Hanson
    (The guy who took this picture.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice the twist you put to it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...